AT-HOME FETAL DOPPLER
An at-home fetal doppler allows you to listen to your baby's heartbeat from the comfort of your own home. Whether it's a boy or girl heartbeat, this device enables you to connect with your little one whenever you want. It's a relaxed and convenient way to create precious memories with loved ones.
WHEN CAN YOU START HEARING YOUR BABY'S HEARTBEAT?
Typically, you will be able to hear your little one somewhere starting around 12 - 14th week of pregnancy. Although some Mothers may have heard it as early as 10 weeks, it is not common. We recommend using it after 12 - 14th weeks of your pregnancy.
BEST TIME IN THE DAY TO USE YOUR FETAL DOPPLER?
The best time to test is typically within 30 minutes after getting up OR within 1 hour after lunch OR within 30 minutes before you sleep. This will increase the chances of hearing your baby.
READY? FIRST, LETS SET UP YOUR DOPPLER:
1) Make sure your batteries are inserted and that it powers on.
2) Have your Gel ready (you can also use Aloe Vera Gel, Hand Sanitizer or any Lotion as an alternative). The gel will help reduce any background static sound so you can hear your baby clearer.
NOW, LETS START:
1) Lie down in a comfortable position with your shirt up and pants down.
2) Apply gel to your lower belly. Use lots as that'll help to reduce any background static sound, allowing you to listen to your baby clearer.
3) Take the probe of your doppler and slowly work your way upwards from the pubic bone towards the belly button. Make sure you slowly work your way up, moving the probe around slowly (rocking the probe side to side will help).
Note: The earlier you are in your pregnancy, the trickier it can be to find the heart beat, so do be patient. Also, keep in mind that the earlier it is in your pregnancy, the lower your baby will be (below the belly button).
4) The fetal doppler may also catch your own heartbeat or the pulse of your artery. Your baby's heartbeat is much faster than either of those. Your baby's heart rate should get a reading somewhere between 120 to 180 beats per minute (BPM).
IF YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO HEAR THE HEART BEAT:
The earlier you are in your pregnancy, the trickier it can be to find the heart beat, so do be patient. During earlier stages of pregnancy, your baby's heartbeat may not be strong enough to hear or your baby may be in a position making it hard to attain a clear reading.
***If you aren't able to get a reading within several minutes of trying, try it again at another time later in the day OR the following day. It is important to remain patient and not get frustrated. With patience, you will eventually be able to hear your little one... :)
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
***Keep in mind, using any of our products is not a replacement for regular doctor visits and is not intended to treat, cure, prevent or diagnose any medical condition nor to derive at any medical conclusion based on its findings. The use of this product is merely to hear a fetal heart beat and for the bonding experience it provides. The heart rate value on the screen is computed from the audible sound heard on the device and may not be an accurate indication of the actual heartbeat and should not be relied upon for medical purposes. If you have any medical conditions or have any medical questions or concerns please consult with a professional health care practitioner before use of this product.